Thursday, December 08, 2005

This friend of mine from school, who had a baby two months ago, is making me very broody. Every morning I open my mail and there are more pictures of this baby in my inbox.
To add insult to injury, I spent the whole of Sunday with an extremely smiley baby who took an instant liking to me (I suspect it had something to do my unusually full breasts that day, thanks to the trusty padded-bra. Yes, it can even fool babies; the so called breast experts!)
And then last night on the television series, Lost, that girl finally gave birth and considering she had to do this in the middle of the forest without a doctor or anyone who knew what they were doing, it all looked quite easy. Mind you the parallel story they had going on with this was some poor guy having his crushed leg mended and then having it nearly amputated without any anaesthetics so maybe that’s why her giving birth looked like such an easy task.
Actually that wasn’t a very wise thing to say I don’t think. I will probably end up getting a lot of stick for it from women who have given birth. I can even hear it now ‘What are you talking about? Giving birth is far more painful that having a leg amputated. Try having a leg amputated without anaesthetics and then having it shoved all the way up one of your nostrils and then you might be getting closer to feeling the pain of child birth.’

Hmm, hang on a minute; I think just by writing that I might have actually put myself off babies for life!
I was going somewhere completely different with this post but now thanks to images of people with severed legs shoved up their noses I can’t even remember what I was going to say.
Now I’m seeing people crawling around with two legs dangling from their nostrils. Damn you suggestive mind!

8 comments:

Em said...

Hi Shirin

Im hapi to know that you have an imaginative and suggestive mind similar to mine...

The things that I can tink of I tell u even of the littlest ting or emotion...

Anonymous said...

off babies for life..mmmm,wait and see!
it's amazing how u make "serious" situations look..well,..funny!
merci.

Shirin said...

It’s always nice to know that one is not alone in one’s weirdness, isn’t it Em? I hope I didn’t make you feel ill or anything with that mental image.

I agree Ricia, that is very unpleasant. I hope your nose didn’t get all hyper after all that caffeine going through it.

You’re right Foulla. That feeling only lasted for a day.

Em said...

Hello Shirin

No of cos not...Ive ALWAYS had an active imagination which can be triggerred at any word or look hehe

N yes it is nice that Im not alone in my weirdness cos ur here to share it wif me...

Shirin said...

Exactly Em. And it’s nice for me and all :-)

Walrus said...

woman u are right! i just know this image is going to remain stubbornly stuck in my mind for quite some time:)

Shirin said...

Yes sorry about that Walrus, it might help if you try thinking of some of your favourite things:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things ;-)

Sandeep said...

It’s always nice to know that one is not alone in one’s weirdness, isn’t it Em? I hope I didn’t make you feel ill or anything with that mental image. I agree Ricia, that is very unpleasant. I hope your nose didn’t get all hyper after all that caffeine going through it. You’re right Foulla. That feeling only lasted for a day.