Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I had a great day today. Nearly every person I had eye contact with smiled at me. The bus driver called me his love and then I saw a very cute puppy jumping up and down, trying to catch a butterfly. The geeky guy (still wearing his cycling helmet in the supermarket with his trousers’ legs stuffed down his socks) who I asked to grab the last organic milk for me from the top shelf (as being a short-ass, I couldn’t get it myself) said, ‘No problem my darling’ and then stood there waving and smiling until I got to the end of the aisle and turned (bit creepy actually now thinking back, but it was cute at the time). Even the menopausal cashier lady with greasy hair was nice. I don’t mean she smiled or anything, oh no, but she did say hello which for her is the equivalent of me and you suddenly jumping up and starting to tap-dance. Then I saw a lady coming down the hill on her bicycle, wearing a very bright, flowery dress and a massive grin. It was all getting a bit too much for me since I was going up the hill with all my heavy shopping with sweat running down my back. I still tried to return her lovely smile but unfortunately all that I could muster was a weird shaky movement on one side of my lip, more of a twitch than a smile I’d say. But I did try and that’s all that counts, so there.

No comments: